Ford’s Thunder on the Ground
Saturday, April 12
11:00 AM – 9:30 PM
You can do a lot more at Thunder Over Louisville than simply look to the sky. With a slew of entertainment options available on the ground, there is sure to be something for everyone!
From the Thunder FoodFest to the Interactive Display Area to the Kid’s Play Areas on the Great Lawn, there’s refreshments and entertainment galore.
Some attractions are a 2014 Pegasus Pin admission, but some activities are completely free. Most are open from 11:00 a.m. until the fireworks show at 9:30 p.m. The 2014 show is sponsored by Horseshoe Southern Indiana, KentuckyOne Health, LG&E, Meijer and UPS.
Keep a look out for Meijer’s Street Team! Bring Meijer-branded products and you’ll get the chance to win Meijer gift cards and other cool prizes from 12 – 7 pm.
- North Great Lawn: 9 am
- Chow Wagon: 11 am
- Lincoln Memorial Lot of River Road: 11 am
Each location offers FREE admission with a 2013 Pegasus Pin®, a Beer Garden, Thunder Sound, and Food Vendors.
Don’t miss Olivia Henken perform at the Miller Light Music Stage at the Chow Wagon!
- Kentucky National Guard Mural Painting: 3-5 pm
- Merchant Row along Witherspoon- vendors will be selling everything! Find sunglasses, hats, sound-activated shirts, caricatures, and more!
- Thunder FoodFest: 11 am – 11 pm- more than 115 vendors will be available at the Chow Wagon, Great Lawn, West Belvedere, and along Witherspoon!
Get your Official Derby Festival Merchandise, including Thunder Wear at 11 different locations:
- Waterfront Chow Wagon
- South Great Lawn
- East Great Lawn
- 2nd Street and River Road
- 3rd Street and River Road
- 4th Street and River Road
- Preston and Witherspoon
- Bingham and Witherspoon
- River Road and Bingham Way
- Southern Indiana
Enjoy all things pins at these locations from 12 pm – 7 pm:
- Pin Wagon: 4th and River Road
- Bingham Way: Top of the steps leading to Chow Wagon
- Preston and Witherspoon: Northeast corner
- 2nd Street and Main Street: Northwest side of Main Street
Please enjoy activities for kids at the South Great Lawn Kids’ Play Area: 11 am
- Moon Bounce Obstacle Course
- Rock Wall
- Super Slide
- Ali-Baba Magic Carpet
Don’t miss the Interactive Display Area: 11 am
- Ford Experience Tour
- Great Clips Auto Racing
- Meijer Mobile Virtual Playground
- Madison Regatta Display
- St. Louis Convention & Visitors Bureau
- U.S. Army Display including the AH64 Helicopter
- U.S. Marines
- U.S. Air Force