Festival Unveiled Presented by Citizens Union Bank and Four Roses BourbonSOLD OUT
Thursday, March 1, 2018
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
The first “official” Kentucky Derby Festival event 2018 – Festival Unveiled – returns on March 1st at the Mellwood Arts Center. Doors open at 5:00 P.M.
Guests get their first look at the 2018 Festival:
- Meet 2018 Poster Artists and get your personalized Official Poster
- First opportunity to purchase 2018 merchandise
- Annual Four Roses Rose Julep Recipe Contest
- Purchase 2018 tickets for KDF events prior to public sale
- 2018 Official Program Release
- Silent Auction of Framed Posters
- Everyone receives an Official Poster Pin and Official Souvenir Glass
Join us to celebrate the first event of Derby Festival season!
- Southern Caesar Salad
- Chicken N Waffle Bar
- Jumbo Kernal Fired Chicken Tenders
- Saw Mill Gravy
- Country Green Beans
- Kern’s Kitchen Derby Pie
- Kern’s Kitchen Golden Pecan Pie
- CASH Bar
Mixologists from 8 Louisville-area restaurants and bars will compete in the 16th annual Four Roses Bourbon Rose Julep Contest. The contest is part of the Kentucky Derby Festival’s “Festival Unveiled” event which will be held on Thursday, March 1 at 5:00 P.M.
Each of the 8 contestants will create their own take on Derby’s Classic Cocktail, the Mint Julep. Each Julep, made with Four Roses Yellow, will be evaluated on taste, presentation and creativity by a panel of local celebrities and beverage industry judges. Guests at Festival Unveiled can also cast their own votes for the “People’s Choice” Rose Julep. They’ll have the opportunity to sample all 8 Rose Julep recipes.
If you enjoy the classic Mint Julep, this is an event you do not want to miss. Each year contestants come up with delicious and creative recipes that appeal to all tastes.