Festival Unveiled Presented by Citizens Union Bank and Four Roses Bourbonclick here to purchase tickets
Thursday, March 14, 2019
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
The first “official” Kentucky Derby Festival event 2019 – Festival Unveiled – returns on March 14th at the Mellwood Arts Center. Doors open at 5:00 P.M.
Guests get their first look at the 2019 Festival:
- Meet 2019 Poster Artist and get your personalized Official Poster
- First opportunity to purchase 2019 merchandise
- Annual Four Roses Rose Julep Cocktail Competition
- 2019 Official Program Release
- Silent Auction of Framed Posters
- Everyone receives an Official Poster Pin and Official Souvenir Glass
Join us to celebrate the first event of Derby Festival season!
- KY Beer Cheese with chips & pork rinds
- Pimento Cheese Dip with chips & pork rinds
- Cheese & Vegetable Display including Benedictine served with crackers
- Smoked Beef Brisket
- Ale 8-1 Glazed Ham
- BBQ Sliders
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Country Green Beans with Ham
Mixologists from 6 Louisville, Northern Kentucky and Lexington-area restaurants and bars will compete in the annual Four Roses Bourbon Rose Julep Contest. The contest is part of the Kentucky Derby Festival’s “Festival Unveiled” event which will be held on Thursday, March 14 at 5:00 P.M.
Each of the 6 contestants will create their own take on Derby’s Classic Cocktail, the Mint Julep. Each Julep, made with Four Roses Bourbon, will be evaluated on taste, presentation and creativity by a panel of local celebrities and beverage industry judges. Guests at Festival Unveiled can also cast their own votes for the “People’s Choice” Rose Julep. They’ll have the opportunity to sample all 6 Rose Julep recipes.
If you enjoy the classic Mint Julep, this is an event you do not want to miss. Each year contestants come up with delicious and creative recipes that appeal to all tastes.