Shepherd Insurance Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation Golf ScrambleRegister
Monday, April 19 2021
11:00 AM: Lunch Served
12:00 PM: Shotgun Start
The 2021 Shepherd Insurance KDFF Golf Scramble is open for registration!
The Scramble will be played at Wildwood Country Club, built in 1952 on 177 acres of rolling hills. The Wildwood is a wonderful backdrop for a casual, but challenging round of golf. Look for it’s signature Hole #12 – a stunning dogleg right that requires accuracy despite its’ short approach.
Registration is open to public and includes the following benefits:
A portion of your entry fee is tax-deductible
- Lunch and drink tickets served prior to shotgun start
- TaylorMade rep on-site demoing clubs before the shotgun start
- Scramble gifts – including an event embroidered polo and sleeve of golf balls
- Team Prizes –
- 1st Place – $200 Wildwood CC Pro Shop Gift Certificate
- 2nd Place – $150 Wildwood CC Pro Shop Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place – $100 Wildwood CC Pro Shop Gift Certificate
- 4th Place – $50 Wildwood CC Pro Shop Gift Certificate
- Closest to the Pin, Longest Drive, Other Prizes
Team entry fee: $1,000
Wildwood CC Scramble Rules:
A Scramble format involves four golfers all on the same team playing together. Each team member hits a tee shot on each hole. The team then collectively decides which of the four balls is in the best position to play next. After the team decides which ball is best, they mark its position; usually with a tee, a coin, a ball-marker, or whatever may seem to be luckiest for that day. Each player retrieves their ball (if it is still retrievable), and plays a shot from the new designated position. This procedure is repeated for each shot until a ball is holed.
Wildwood Specific Rules –
- All Male Under the age of 65 will play the Blue Tees
- 65 and Older will play the White Tees
- All Female Golfers will Play from the Red Tees
Wildwood Country Club Golf COVID Guidelines:
- If you are sick, please, return home!
- Maintain Social Distancing (6-Feet Apart) at all times.
- Face coverings/mask must be worn at all times while indoors of any on property building (Except while eating or drinking).
- Face coverings/mask must be worn while playing golf if you cannot maintain a safe social distance and/or while you are riding in a golf cart with another golfer. (Immediate family/same household withstanding)
- Tips to play golf safely:
- Wear your mask inside your golf cart
- Avoid High-fives, hand shakes, etc…
- Leave the Flagstick in the hole at all times
- Designate one person per group to rake all bunkers if needed
- Do not pick-up another persons golf ball or golf clubs
The Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation is the non-profit 501(c)3 charitable arm of the Kentucky Derby Festival.
To further the Festival’s mission, the Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation was founded in 1998. The Foundation, a 501(C)3 not-for-profit charity, receives and manages charitable contributions on behalf of the Kentucky Derby Festival, Inc., its supporters and the general public.
The Foundation perpetuates the Festival’s impact on the community by developing projects that highlight the Festival’s influence on the area’s cultural heritage. It works to further the Festival’s educational and charitable mission through exhibitions and performances and producing educational programming on the Festival’s schedule of events, such as a Student Art Contest, STEM Robotics Competition and a Quick Recall Tournament.
The annual charitable impact of the Foundation is nearly $250,000.
All contributions made to the Foundation are tax-deductible.