2023 Participant Waiver
KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL
I know that participation in a Kentucky Derby Festival Sanctioned Event (hereinafter referred to as the “Event”) is a potentially hazardous activity.
By entering this Event, I am stating that I am physically fit, medically able, and adequately trained for this Event.
I assume all risks associated with my participation in this Event, including but not limited to: falls, infection contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and humidity, traffic, and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me.
As it applies to my participation in this Event, I agree to abide by all Rules, Recommendations, or Protocols established by the KDF, including but not limited to safety guidelines, code(s) of conduct, and any other rules or regulations established or supported by the KDF.
Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting my entry to participate in the 2023 Kentucky Derby Festival Sanctioned Event (Or on such date as may be determined in the Event of a postponement of the Event) in Louisville, Kentucky, I intend to be legally bound. I do hereby, for myself, my heirs, my executors, and administrators, agree as follows:
- I do waive and forever release all rights and claims for any damages and liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in the Event against all persons, entities, and agencies involved with promoting the Event, including but not limited to the Kentucky Derby Festival, Inc.; All Sponsors and Partners of the Kentucky Derby Festival; all Presenting & Contributing Sponsors; all vendors providing service at the Event; their agents, successors, representatives and assigns even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in the waiver.
- Further, I assume the risk of all bodily injuries, including death, resulting therefrom and personal injuries to me and damage to and loss of my property, including loss of use thereof and any other indirect or consequential damages, resulting directly or indirectly, wholly or in part, from my participation in the Event and while traveling to and from the Event.
- Further, I hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the entities specifically named in paragraph numbered 1 above harmless from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees), judgments, and penalties arising out of any of my acts or omission to act.
- Further, if the participant is a person under 18 years of age, the undersigned parent or legal guardian of the participant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, the entities specifically named in paragraph numbered 1 above from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including costs and attorney’s fees), judgments and penalties arising out of the participant’s participation in the Event.
- Further, I understand that Kentucky Derby Festival, Inc. reserves the right to use all participants’ names and likenesses with regard to promotional and advertising materials, including on the internet.
- Further, I understand that all entries are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Event officials have the right to disqualify or remove participants whose activity violates any condition or poses any potential harm to themself or any other participant.