Zoeller® Pump Company Touring ParadeDOWNLOAD STREET BY STREET ROUTE
The Zoeller Pump Company Touring Parade – a traveling display that takes Festival into the community – returns in 2023 after its debut in 2021.
The Touring Parade will help kick start the Festival celebrations around the city on Saturday, April 1.
It may travel through your neighborhood!
The 2023 Touring Parade route:
The Touring Parade will be traveling around the community on Saturday, April 1, from noon to 6 p.m. (rain or shine). Below are some of the areas and neighborhoods where the parade will travel.
- Noon: Leaves Ballard High School
- Between Noon – 1:30 p.m.: Graymoor-Devondale, Lyndon, Norwood, Beechwood Village, Woodlawn Park, Bellewood, Druid Hills, St. Matthews and Broadfield
- Between 1:45 – 3 p.m.: Seneca Park, Seneca Gardens, Belknap, Strathmoor Village, Hawthorne, Wellington, Strathmoor Manor, Deer Park, Cherokee Park, Cherokee Triangle, Highlands-Douglass, Bonnycastle, Original Highlands, Germantown, Schnitzelburg, Shelby Park, Smoketown, Phoenix Hill and NuLu
- Between 3 – 4:30 p.m.: Central Business District (Main Street), Portland, Shawnee Golf Course, Russell, Parkland and California
- Between 4:45 – 6 p.m.: Shawnee, Chickasaw, Parkland, Park DuValle, Hallmark, Algonquin, Shively and finishing at Zoeller Pump Company at around 6 pm.
The touring parade will feature:
4 Inflatable balloon characters: Zoeller Pump Company (Goldie Pegasus), Caesar, Gobo, and Daniel the Tiger
Festival VIPs: 2023 Derby Festival Board Chair, Ken Selvaggi and the 2023 Royal Court riding the Derby City Express
Specialty Units: Kosair Shriner’s Calliope, TARC Design-A-Bus showcasing local student artwork, on route music provided by Zoeller Pump Company
Along the route: KDF Spirit Squad will be onsite at the noon start, as well as a few stops along the route!
Pegasus Parade Returns on Broadway!
The traditional Zoeller Pump Company Pegasus Parade returns on a Sunday for the second year to help kick off Derby Week. It steps off at 3 p.m. on Broadway on Sunday, April 30. This year’s theme is celebrating “Derby Traditions” and will feature nearly 100 units, including inflatables, floats, marching bands and equestrians.
CLICK HERE for more details on the Pegasus Parade.