What is a “miniMarathon”?
The “miniMarathon” is a 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles).
What time does the Race start?
The Marathon & miniMarathon both start at 7:30am Wheelchair athletes start at 7:25am.
Is there an age requirement for the race?
The minimum age to participate in the Derby Festival Marathon is 16 and the miniMarathon is 12. Runners who are under the age of 18 will have to have a liability waiver signed by their legal guardian at packet pick-up.
How is my timing chip activated?
All timing chips are attached to the inside of all race bibs. Chips will be activated by crossing the timing mat at the Packet Pick-up and Race Expo on Thursday, April 17th & Friday, April 18th as well the start line of Saturday, April 19th.
Where do I pick up my packet?
Race packets are available (ID REQUIRED) at the Derby Festival Running Wild Expo at the Kentucky International Convention Center. NO PACKET PICKUP ON RACE DAY. Runner packets include race bib, timing chip, safety pins and important runner instructions
May walkers participate in the Marathon or miniMarathon?
Yes, walkers may participate, but must be able to keep a 13:45 minute per mile pace for the full Marathon or a 15:00 minute per mile pace in the miniMarathon. Roads will reopen at this pace and course services will not be guaranteed available past this time. The course has a six hour time limit.
Will I be running on the dirt inside Churchill Downs?
No…Runners will run on pavement through the infield of Churchill Downs.
Is the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon a Boston Marathon Qualifier?
Can participants use MP3 players on the course?
While the Kentucky Derby Festival, Inc. does not recommend the use of MP3 players on the course for safety reasons, we do allow runners to use MP3 players if they so wish.
What type of race shirts are provided?
Asics Tech Shirts will be available in both male and female cut shirts. Shirts are given based on original ordered size.
Can I exchange my t-shirts?
Exchanges can be made at T-shirt Exchange booth at the Race Expo & Packet-Pick Up if inventory is available.
Are finisher’s certificates available?
Yes, KDF contracts Sportphoto to provide not only race photos but finishers certificates. For more information on how to receive your certificate please visit http://www.sportphoto.com/
Is medal engraving available?
Yes, there is a medal engraving available inside Runners Reunite located at Kroger’s Fest-a-ville at Waterfront Park.
What is the corral system?
Corral Systems are based on previous finishing times or estimated finishing time. Preferred corrals can be requested with following times. Please send proof of finishing time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marathon Qualifying Time Men – 3:10:00 Women – 3:45:00
miniMarathon Qualifying Time – Men – 1:35:00 Women – 1:52:00
How do I know what corral to be in at the start line?
Corral assignments will be listed on your race bib. Your number will be followed by a letter A, B, C the letter is your corral assignments.
May I pick up my friend or family members race packet?
No…All participants will be required to show a valid photo ID along with their registration confirmation at Packet Distribution.
When is the Pasta Dinner?
The Running Wild Pasta Dinner is Friday, April 18th. Stay tuned for more details.
How can I purchase tickets for the Pasta Dinner?
Pasta Dinner Tickets are available to purchase by calling 1-800-928-3378 or online at www.kdf.org. Please have your Credit Card available. If tickets are still available at the expo, they will be available for sale at the Pasta Dinner Ticket Table at Runner Services booth located in the Expo.
If I have extra running gear with me where can I leave it, and where do a pick it up?
Each participant is given a goodie bag at packet pick-up and can also be used as a gear check bag. Runner’s Gear can be left with the Runner’s Gear Truck, which will be stationed at the intersection of Preston and Main Streets at the start. You can pick up your gear at the Runners Reunite area at the finish line located inside Kroger’s Fest-A-Ville on the waterfront.
Where do I pick up my Marathon and miniMarathon shirt and Poster?
Race T-shirts and posters are available to pick up at Packet Distribution Thursday, April 17th between 4 pm - 8 pm and on Friday, April 18th between 11 am – 9 pm. Stay tuned for more details.
Where is the Start Line?
Main Street and Floyd Street in Downtown Louisville.
Where is the Finish Line?
Preston and Witherspoon Street (near Waterfront Park)
What time does the Finish Line close?
The Finish Line will close at 1:30 pm
Where can I park at the Starting Line?
Parking is available in the following locations: Witherspoon Parking Garage (1st Street and Witherspoon); Waterside Parking Garage (Brook Street and Washington Street); and other area parking lots. There will be NO PARKING in the parking lot East of Louisville Slugger Field. Anyone parking in this location will be towed at the owner’s expense.
How do I find Lost Family Members?
Make arrangements to meet your family at the Runners Reunite area located inside Kroger’s Fest-A-Ville on the Waterfront (Waterfront Park). There will be alphabetical signs, so choose a letter and meet there. There is no charge for the runner’s reunite area.
Can I transfer my bib to another runner?
All bibs are non-refundable and non-transferable to other runners for 2013. Runners can transfer from race to race for a transfer fee of $20.00 at the Runner’s Services booth at Packet Pick-Up. All transfer are only good to transfer from the full Marathon to mini or mini to Marathon in the same year. Transfers cannot be carried over from one year to another.
If the race SOLD OUT, how can I purchase a “Charity Bib”?
Race organizers will offer 250 “Charity Bibs” for runners who missed the registration deadline. The bibs – which allow entry into either the Marathon or miniMarathon – cost $125, with the proceeds going to the Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation, the Derby Festival’s charitable arm. The Charity Bibs will only be available at the Running Wild Race Expo, first-come, first-served starting on April 17th.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How did Thunder Over Louisville get its name?
After the 1990 show, the show producers realized what a dynamic impact the fireworks show had made. The sound particularly rolled across the landscape like thunder. Thus, the show demanded a title that adequately reflected its intensity.
How many people does it take to produce Thunder Over Louisville?
More than 2,000 people are involved in making Thunder a safe and enjoyable show. This includes all the public safety officials, clean up crews, vendors, volunteers and participants. Click here for a list of all those people and groups that work on Thunder Over Louisville.
Where can I park for Thunder Over Louisville?
The Louisville Metro Police Department advises Thunder patrons to plan ahead when determining a parking strategy for Thunder Over Louisville. Park as far away as you can comfortably walk and plan on parking in areas that will get you headed in the direction of town you intend to go. Follow the maps at www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroPolice/Derby+Festival+Information/ when planning your parking location.
In Downtown Louisville, there are more than 52,000 public parking, off-street spaces within a 10-block walk to the River. For more information on garage and lot locations visit one of these websites at: www.riversideparking.com/locations.html or www.louisvilleky.gov/PARC/ or contact the Parking Authority of River City (PARC) at (502) 587-PARK.
Southern Indiana: Public and private parking is available in Southern Indiana. Contact the Clark/Floyd County Convention and Tourism Bureau more information (812) 282-6654. Water Tower Square (Jeffersonville) – RV & Car Parking available. For more information on costs and location call (812) 288-9057.
RV PARKING: Riverside Parking: RV and camper parking $200.00 to $300.00. Call (502) 584-2459.
What if I ride my bike to Thunder Over Louisville?_No bikes, skateboards or skates are allowed within the event venue. You will be asked to walk them in for pedestrian safety.
But, there is FREE valet bicycle parking. If you ride your bicycle to Thunder Over Louisville, you can park it at the “Free Valet Bicycle Parking” located on the northeast corner of Witherspoon Street and Preston Street, north of Slugger Field. The facility will open at 12:00 PM and close at 11 PM. Click here for more information.
Louisville Metro is sponsoring the free bicycle parking as another way to make Louisville Bicycle Friendly.
What is the weather generally like for Thunder Over Louisville?
The Weather for Thunder has varied widely. Highs for the day have ranged from mid-40′s to mid-80′s. Generally it gets cooler at night, so bring along a sweatshirt or jacket. Tune to the official TV and Radio broadcast partners for the official Thunder forecast.
Will rain cancel the show?
Fortunately, Thunder has never been canceled for any reason. Fireworks can be shot in the rain and as long as the show can be shot safely, it will go on. Thunder is such a massive logistical undertaking; it would be next to impossible to postpone it to another night.
Are hotel rooms available for Thunder Over Louisville?
Hotel rooms can be difficult to find for Thunder Over Louisville, particularly in Downtown Louisville and Southern Indiana. For information on hotel and travel accommodations, please contact the following:
- Greater Louisville Convention and Visitors Bureau www.gotolouisville.com or by calling_(502) 584-2121 or (800) 626-5646.
- Southern Indiana Convention and Visitors Bureau_315 Southern Indiana Jeffersonville, Indiana 47130 812/280-5566; 800/552-3842; Fax 812/282-1904 www.sunnysideoflouisville.org
What is the Economic Impact of Thunder Over Louisville?
In 2011, the Derby Festival conducted an economic impact study that determined Thunder Over Louisville generated more than $56 million for the local economy. The total economic impact for the entire 70 events of the Derby Festival is estimated at $127.9 million for both Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana.
How did Thunder Over Louisville get started?
In just 23 years, what started as a better than average fireworks display has become the pinnacle of pyrotechnics. Thunder is the nation’s largest annual fireworks event. It is also one of the top five air shows in the country. Fireworks have been a part of celebrating the Kentucky Derby Festival since the 1960′s. Various displays occurred on different nights of the week and locations such as Oxmoor Center in East Jefferson County, including sites along the Ohio River.
The Festival had its first “opening ceremonies” event in 1990 at Cardinal Stadium featuring recording artist Janie Frickie and a fireworks show. That led to the first “Thunder” in 1991, held downtown over the Ohio River. With the support of the community, sponsors and city officials, the show has become the region’s largest annual event, attracting a regional and even national audience. The air show was slowly added as a way to stagger the crowd entering the event and provide entertainment before the 9:30 pm fireworks portion. The air show is now an event of it’s own and ranks in the top 5 air shows in the nation. Thunder Over Louisville has made a lot of people happy, garnered international attention, entertained millions and given Greater Louisvillians something else to brag about.
What are the dates for Thunder Over Louisville through 2013?
2012 — Thunder Saturday, April 21
2013 — Thunder Saturday, April 20
What time does the Thunder Air Show start?
The Thunder Air Show along the Ohio River usually starts at 3 PM.
What time do the fireworks start?
The fireworks show begins at 9:30 PM and ends at 10:00 PM.
What accommodations are made for the physically challenged?
The entire event area is accessible and there are no designated viewing areas. Handicap parking is available in all area PARC garages, near the Kennedy Bridge in Jeffersonville and near the Falls of the Ohio Interpretive Center in Clarksville. All is available on a first-come/first served basis.
What does it cost to go to Thunder Over Louisville?
Thunder over Louisville is free to the public with the purchase of a 2013 Pegasus Pin – thanks to the generous support of sponsors. Public viewing areas stretch from 8th Street to Clay Street north of Main Street in Kentucky, and along Riverside Drive from Ashland Park in Clarksville to Spring Street in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
The Chow Wagon and Waterfront Park and North Great Lawn at Waterfront Park offer front row seats to the show. Admission to both areas is FREE with a 2013 Pegasus Pin.
Where is the best place to go to view Thunder Over Louisville?
All of Waterfront Park is open & offers free public viewing for Thunder. The show is so massive that it can be seen almost anywhere. Waterfront Park will have continuous action and interactive attractions from 11 AM until the firework’s finale at 10 PM. Along River Road is always a popular place. The entertainment garden of the “Chow Wagon” at Waterfront Park offers live bands for a Pegasus Pin admission. The North Great Lawn at Waterfront Park is another great spot for viewing. It opens at 9 a.m. on Thunder Day and admission is Free with a 2013 Pegasus Pin.
Southern Indiana Side:
Jeffersonville, Indiana has changed over the last several of years. The area between the Clark and Kennedy bridges will be very limited. To accommodate the crowds, more viewing areas have been developed between Fort and Pearl Street on Riverside Drive, east of the Kennedy bridge.
How do I become a food vendor at Thunder Over Louisville?
Food vendors are generally signed up by December. If you are interested, please contact Concessions by Cox, 614-297-0735 or email@example.com.
How do I become a souvenir vendor at Thunder Over Louisville?
Souvenir vendors should call The Festival at 502-584-6383 to inquire about vending opportunities.
Who do I contact about marketing and promotional opportunities at Thunder Over Louisville?_If your company is interested in using Thunder Over Louisville to market goods or services, or hospitality opportunities, you should contact the Marketing Department at the Kentucky Derby Festival, 502-584-6383.
Who do I contact if I am interested in business opportunities and providing goods or services to the Derby Festival and Thunder Over Louisville?
If you have a product or service that you believe could be utilized by Thunder Over Louisville, please contact Tricia Siegwald, Director of Event Production, Kentucky Derby Festival, 502-584-6383 before November 1.
Who do I contact if I have a group that could perform in the air show or as a part of the production?
If you have an air show act, searchlights, musical group or other act that you believe could be utilized by Thunder Over Louisville, please contact Shanna Ward, Event Manager, Kentucky Derby Festival, 502-584-6383 before March 20.
Is First Aid available?
Naturally, with an event of this size, first aid and safety looms large in the planning. There are EIGHT first aid stations positioned on both sides of the river manned by Red Cross/EMS and ambulances. Nearly 80 Red Cross/EMS personnel will man these positions beginning at 2:00 PM until the conclusion of the event.
What Public transportation is available for Thunder?
Extra buses will be on 14 routes that normally operate Saturday in the downtown area. Regular Saturday fares will be in effect. Please contact TARC for more information at 585-1234 or www.ridetarc.org.
What are Thunder Road closings?
Visit the Louisville Metro Police Department website here for all Thunder traffic information.
Any helpful hints?
- Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to walk some.
- Purchase a 2013 Pegasus Pin for $5.
- Arrive as early as practical for the best space. Food service starts at 3p.m. at all sites and the airshow begins at 3 PM
- Park as far away from the event area as you can comfortably walk. This will make exiting traffic easier.
- Use TARC buses to get to the event using normal routes. There is expanded service all day.
- P.A.R.C. Garages in area are accessible until full for special event rates.
- Call 587-PARK. All handicapped spaces are honored until full.
- Follow the LMPD traffic plan, and you’ll get home faster.
What can’t I bring to Thunder Over Louisville?
For safety reasons the following are not permitted in the event area, which goes south from the Ohio River to Main Street between Clay Street and 10th Street and includes the Thunder Chow Wagon and North Great Lawn viewing area:
- No Tents or canopies of any kind
- No Stakes
- No Tape, rope or pennant lines allowed
- No glass bottles are allowed at the event site.
- Picnic blankets (and tarps limited to 10′ x 10′) and lawn chairs are permitted.
- Plastic bottles and food are permitted. There is also plenty of food and soft drink stands to take care of any needs you may have. Beer is available at the Chow Wagon at Waterfront Park, North Great Lawn, the West Belvedere Beer Garden and River Road Beer Garden.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- No bikes, skateboards or skates are allowed in the event venue. You will be asked to walk them in for pedestrian safety.
- Please leave any pets at home.
- Due to increased security – all persons and parcels are subject to search.
What should I do if I get separated from my child?
Contact the nearest police officer and they can direct you to the Lost Child Station nearest you. Please tell your child before coming to the show, should you get lost, contact a police officer and ask the officer to take you to a Lost Child Center.
What does it cost to produce Thunder Over Louisville?
The total cost of producing the event exceeds $1 million. But for a benefit to the community of 56 times that, our sponsors and board believe it is worth every penny.
What are the rules for boaters during Thunder Over Louisville?
Tips for safe boating at Thunder Over Louisville
- NO WAKE ZONE. A No Wake Zone is in effect from Ohio River Mile 604.3 (Portland Canal) through Mile 598.0 (Six Mile Island). This is also the area that is regulated and monitored by the Coast Guard and other public safety officials.
- There is a PICKET LINE at the Big Four Bridge. No public or commercial traffic beyond this line during the show
Be Aware of River Conditions!
- Strong river currents: High water associated with melting snow and spring rains can significantly increase river current speeds.
- Waves and congestion: An estimated 450 boaters may attend this event. After the fireworks conclude, boaters leaving the area may produce wakes and ignore navigation rules. Be patient and plan to take a little extra time to return home.
- Debris: High water can produce heavy debris and drift. It is difficult, especially at night, for boaters to see and avoid these hazards to navigation.
- Low water temperature: While the air temperature may be warm, the river water temperature can be around 40 degrees. This low a temperature can cause Hypothermia within minutes.
- Fatigue: Many boaters enjoy the event from before Noon until after the fireworks display. That much time on a boat can be tiring and lead boaters to make serious mistakes.
- Drinking: Those unlawfully drinking alcohol amplify the risks to themselves and other boaters.
Solutions and Tips:
- Pre-trip you boat: Preventative maintenance to your boat will help you avoid problems later. Properly working navigation lights and safety/distress equipment are a must.
- Wear Lifejackets: Just do it!
- Use appropriate anchors: Makeshift anchors like five-gallon buckets and cinderblocks will not hold on the river bottom.
- Observe safety rules at all times: No wake zones and navigation rules of the road exist to keep boaters safe; abide by them! Right size boat: Ensure your boat can handle the large wakes put out by other boaters.
- Safe boating courses: The Coast Guard Auxiliary and the Power Squadron have great courses for the novice and experienced boaters alike. Call CG Auxiliary at (502) 459-0287 or the Power Squadron at (502) 241-6851 for more information.
Together we can make our waterways safer. And remember: The safest place for a boater to enjoy Thunder Over Louisville is FROM THE BANK!
Who is the Derby Festival? The Kentucky Derby Festival is a private, not-for-profit community celebration leading up to the greatest two minutes in sports, the Kentucky Derby. The Festival does not receive financial assistance from the Louisville Metro Government or the State of Kentucky and is responsible for raising its own funds. The primary sources of income to the Festival are proceeds from Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville/Chow Wagon, ticketed events, corporate sponsorships and Pegasus Sponsorship sales. What symbol is representative of the Festival? The Pegasus. What does the Pegasus Pin represent? Pegasus has been regarded as the horse of Muses (goddesses of the arts) and symbol of poetry. The symbol is said to have magical powers, heightening the natural powers of mortals and creating an almost supernatural spirit. Where do Pegasus Pin proceeds go? Proceeds from the sales of Pegasus Pins allow the Festival to provide free events to the public such as the Republic Bank Pegasus Parade and Thunder Over Louisville just to name a few. In all over 60% of the events are free to the public. How many Pegasus Pins were sold in the past? In 1973 a little over 2,000 Pegasus Pins were sold and in 2012 approximately 250,000 were sold. How many Pegasus Pins does the Festival hope to sell this year? The Festival hopes to sell 300,000 Pegasus Pins in 2013! The Pegasus Pins are $5.00 in advance and $5.00 at the event. Family Fun Packs of 5 pins are $20.00 which is a $5 savings. What is the 2013 Gold WINNER Pegasus Pin Program? In 2013 consumers are asked to become a Pegasus Sponsor with the Kentucky Derby Festival. Many benefits are offered to participants including:
- Participation in the GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pin Program requires a $5.00 minimum investment for a Pegasus Pin in one of five different color combinations.
- PegasusPins.com (began in 2011)
- In lieu of coupons in the envelope you will register all Pegasus Pins using the alpha numeric code on your membership card inside each pin envelope.
- Registrants will receive an email confirmation allowing valuable coupons to be printed. All Pegasus Pin sponsorships will receive their choice of four coupons.
- Family Fun Packs are $20.00. Packs include one of each pin in the five different color combinations offered and a membership card with an alpha numeric code. You will have the opportunity to purchase a gold-colored GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pin and Exchange Pin for $40.00 each. If you have any questions about the “Family Fun Pack”, please contact Judy Weightman for more information at 502-572-3846 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gold-colored, GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pins need to be registered instantly at pegasuspins.com using the alpha numeric code on the membership card for the Grand Prize Drawings. Registrants also select coupons when registering and will receive an email confirmation lowing coupons to be printed.
- Your gold-colored, GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pin is yours to keep after registering for the Grand Prize Drawings online.
- Other PegasusPins.com information:
- A link to your complete pin store for all vintage pins.
- Find out where to buy Pegasus Pins near you at over 1,000 retail outlets.
- Your source for a complete list of Pegasus Pin sponsors and prizes.
- Up-to-date benefits and rules available.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- Find out what a QR code is all about.
- Special Kentucky Derby Festival Pegasus Pin Program Information Hotline (502) 584-FEST.
- Approximately 10,000 gold-colored, GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pins and 10 Grand Prizes are available to be distributed during the GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pin Program. The odds of getting a GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pin are approximately 1 in 34.
- Pegasus Pins offer Free admission to select Festival events.
What Events offer free admission with a Pegasus Pin?
- McDonald’s Thunder Preview Party, Central American Airways, Thursday, April 4
- Thunder Over Louisville at the Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville/Chow Wagon, downtown/Waterfront Park, Saturday, April 20
- Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville/Chow Wagon, downtown/Waterfront Park, Thursday, April 25 thru Friday, May 3 (9 days of continuous entertainment and national artist concerts)
- U.S. Bank Derby Festival Great BalloonFest Glimmer, Waterfront Park/Great Lawn, Thursday, April 25, 8:30 PM
- U.S. Bank Derby Festival Great BalloonFest Glow, KEC, Friday, April 26, 9:00 PM
- U.S. Bank Derby Festival Great BalloonFest Race, Bowman Field, Saturday, April 27, 7:00 AM
- Great Bed Races, Broadbent Arena, Monday, April 29
- Republic Bank Parade Preview, KEC/South Wing A, Tuesday, April 30
Select envelopes have a gold-colored, GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pin inside. If you find one of these GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pins, you can register instantly at www.pegasuspins.com for the Grand Prize Drawings. Registrants also select coupons and will receive an email confirmation allowing the coupons to be printed. Complete instructions and GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pin Program rules are on the inside of the envelope. Only GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pins are eligible for the Grand Prize Drawings. Kentucky Derby Festival will conduct the Grand Prize Drawings beginning May 9 thru May 15 (excluding May 11 & 12). One Grand Prize will be drawn on each of the 7:00 PM and 11:00 PM WAVE 3 TV newscasts. No purchase is necessary to participate in the Kentucky Derby Festival GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pin Program. A free official Program envelope may be picked up at the Kentucky Derby Festival Office during normal business hours. Limit one per person, per day. What are the Coupon Prizes?
- DERBY DINNER PLAYHOUSE-Buy one ticket at regular price, get one FREE. Choose ONE admission to “9 to 5 the Musical” (April 2-May 19) or “You’re Only Young Twice” (May 21-31). Reservations required.
- DUNKIN′ DONUTS-Get a dozen glazed donuts (blueberry, glazed, or chocolate) for $4.99 OR buy one hot or iced coffee any size, get one FREE.
- EUROPEAN WAX CENTER-$5 off ANY wax.
- INTERSTATE ALL BATTERY CENTER-FREE watch battery. Available at 1831 Blankenbaker Parkway, Suite 300, Louisville, KY 40299
- JOE’S CRAB SHACK- Receive a FREE appetizer with the purchase of two adult entrees.
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL- Choice of 1981-2007 Derby Festival Official Poster. Subject to availability. Redeem at Brownsboro Framing Co.-4818 Brownsboro Road, Louisville, KY or Frame It!-129 E. Utica Street, Sellersburg, IN.
- KERN’S KITCHEN/DERBY PIE®- Coupon good for one FREE Official Derby-Pie Chocolate Nut Pie exclusively baked by KERN’S KITCHEN.
- KINGFISH- FREE dessert with the purchase of an entree. Good at all locations.
- KROGER-FREE 4-ct. package of Kroger Batteries, AA or AAA size with any purchase of $10 or more.
- KROGER-FREE 2-liter bottle of Big K Soda with any purchase of $10 or more.
- KROGER- FREE loaf of Italian Bread in the Deli Bakery with any purchase of $10 or more.
- KROGER- $2 off any ckage of Private Selection Angus Beef Steaks from the Kroger Butcher Shoppe.
- KROGER- $3 off any purchase of a dozen roses from the Kroger Floral Shoppe.
- MASSAGE ENVY SPA MIDDLETOWN/MASSAGE ENVY SPA JEFFERSONTOWN-$9 off an hour and a half customized massage.
- MELLOW MUSHROOM PIZZA BAKER-FREE Half Order of Pretzels with Purchase of a large Pizza OR $5 Off any Purchase over $25. (Does not include alcohol)
- MIKE LINNIG’S RESTAURANT-One FREE Medium Soft Drink OR $1.00 off food order of $10.00 or more. Dine in only.
- OLD NAVY-$10.00 off when you spend $50.00 or more OR 10% off your purchase.
- ROOTIE’S SPORTS BAR & GRILLE-$5.00 off $25.00 food purchase and a FREE bottle of Rootie’s KY Proud BBQ Sauce. Dine in only.
- SPARKLE BRITE CAR WASH- $5.00 off any car wash. Locations: 4971 Shelbyville Road, Louisville, KY 40207 and 3733 Pamela Rae Drive, Louisville, KY 40241.
- STOCK YARDS BANK $1 MILLION DOLLAR CONTEST- Buy a bucket of up to 25 golf balls and get a bucket FREE. Good April 18-28 (Closed April 20)
- WHITE CASTLE-Three FREE Original Sliders. Cheese and Bacon extra.
Where are Pegasus Pins available? EVERYWHERE!!! What are the odds of winning?
- Anyone who becomes a Pegasus Sponsor for a minimum of $5.00 is a winner!
- Approximately 1 in 34 Pegasus Sponsorship envelopes contain a gold-colored, GOLD WINNER Pegasus Pin.
When are Pegasus Pins available? The Kentucky Derby Festival Gold Winner Pegasus Pin Program will officially kick off Monday, March 18. When do Festival Events begin? Opening Ceremonies “Thunder Over Louisville” will take place on Saturday, April 20. Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville/Chow Wagon will be open on Thunder Day and then reopen on Thursday, April 25 thru Friday, May 3.