If you’re looking for action-packed and fast-paced fun with one of the top festivals in the world, and during one of the most exciting times of the year in Louisville, the Kentucky Derby Festival is the place for you!
With our internship program, you won’t be running to pick up coffee or fetching dry cleaning but will have the prime opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job experience at one of the most recognized brands across the country.
Derby Festival interns are treated to several perks:
- Experience a first-hand view of the creation of the Kentucky Derby Festival – the largest single attended event in Kentucky and one of the leading community celebrations in the world
- Assist in the planning and execution of more than 70 events in the spring while gaining front-row experience and insight
- Hands-on involvement in the production of world-class events leading up to the Kentucky Derby
- Opportunity to work alongside key leaders in the Louisville community, and in turn build a professional network
- Fun working environment with friendly, creative and energized staff and Board of Directors
- Access to a variety of tasks and departments
- Mentorship and chance to secure references and recommendations
- Prime opportunity to give your resume a boost with one of the most recognizable brands in Kentucky and give yourself an edge in the job market
- Chance to be onsite and involved at some of the city’s most anticipated springtime events
- Receive exclusive Kentucky Derby Festival branded apparel
While this is an unpaid internship, in addition to working with one of the most recognized companies in Louisville and Kentucky, interns can gain serious work experience, build a portfolio and establish a network of professional contacts.