October 10, 2023. Louisville, KY. – The Kentucky Derby Festival was recognized internationally for its excellence in the festivals and events industry during the International Festivals & Events Association’s (IFEA) annual Convention, Expo & Retreat in McAllen, Texas. The Festival won nine awards in various categories for promotions, multimedia, advertising campaigns and merchandise, including winning two Gold awards.
The IFEA is the premiere association that supports festival and event professionals worldwide. The Festival competes against other major festivals and events from around the world during the IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards Competition, which recognizes the best special events, festival materials, promotions and ideas in the festivals and events industry.
The Derby Festival was honored with two prestigious IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Gold Awards for Best Commemorative Poster (2023 Official Derby Festival Poster) and Best T-Shirt Design (KDF Black T-Shirt Vintage Design).
The Derby Festival also scored an additional seven IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards, including:
- Best Digital/Social Ad Series: Thunder Over Louisville Digital/Social Ad Series (Silver)
- Best Pin or Button: Thunder Over Louisville Wing Pin (Silver)
- Best Give-Away Item: Derby Festival Socks (Silver)
- Best Ad Series: Kentucky Derby Festival Ad Series – GE Appliances miniMarathon and Marathon, Stock Yards Bank $1 Million Hole-In-One Golf Contest, Republic Bank BourbonVille, Zoeller Pump Company Pegasus Parade and Derby Festival Day at the Downs (Silver)
- Best Video Promotion: JusticeFest 2023 Video (Bronze)
- Best Instagram Site: KyDerbyFestival (Bronze)
- Best Outdoor Billboard: GE Appliances miniMarathon and Marathon Billboard (Bronze)