April 11, 2019. Louisville, KY. Thunder Over Louisville offers more than just a spectacular show! Sponsored by Ford Motor Company, Ford’s Thunder on the Ground activities will offer numerous ways to entertain friends and family members alike! From the Thunder FoodFest to the Kid’s Play Areas on the Great Lawn, there’s refreshments and entertainment galore to be found all over the venue. Some attractions require a 2019 Pegasus Pin admission, but some activities are completely free. Most are open from 11:00 a.m. until the fireworks show at 9:30 p.m.
Some of the Ford Thunder on the Ground activities include:
• Thunder on the North Great Lawn – 2019 Pegasus Pin admission. Opens at 9 a.m., featuring food, Beer Garden and Thunder Sound. Make sure to visit the full-service bar. (The rest of Waterfront Park will also open at 9 a.m. on Thunder Day) (NO TENTS, STAKES, TAPE OR PETS.)
• Meijer Family Fun Zone on the West Belvedere – 2019 Pegasus Pin admission. Opens at 11 a.m., featuring kids activities including bounce houses, face painting, putting challenge, craft station, photo opportunities, food, Beer Garden and Thunder Sound. (NO TENTS, STAKES, TAPE OR PETS.)
• Thunder Chow Wagon – 2019 Pegasus Pin admission. Opens at 11 a.m., featuring great food, Drake’s by the River, including Thunder Punch with Four Roses Bourbon, and Thunder Sound. (NO TENTS, STAKES, TAPE OR PETS.)
• Olivia and Lindsey Henken will perform on the Miller Lite Music Stage at 2 p.m. inside the Thunder Chow Wagon.
• Military Interactive Display Area on the South Great Lawn opens at 11 a.m. Attractions include:
Kentucky National Guard with Tractor Tire Flip, Push Up Contest & Interactive Recruiting Trailers; U.S. Army exhibit with the Army Asset Trailer, Physical Fitness Challenge and a Blackhawk Helicopter. Plus, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marines and U.S Air Force attractions.
• Kid’s Activities & Play Areas on the South Great Lawn: Attractions include: X-perience – on behalf of Ford Motor Company, AT&T, Carvana, Geico, Idaho Potato Truck, Indy Motor Speedway, games, rides and more!
• The Thunder FoodFest will offer a wide variety of tasty treats from more than 100 food vendors from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. at the Chow Wagon, Great Lawn, West Belvedere, and along Witherspoon Street and East River Road.
• Beer Gardens, with Pegasus Pin admission, will be open at the Chow Wagon, Meijer Family Fun Zone on the West Belvedere, North Great Lawn and Big Four Bridge Lawn.
• Pegasus Pin trading fans can add to their collections by visiting the following locations on Thunder Day from noon to 7 p.m.: Pin Wagon at 4th & River Road (SW Corner), Brook/ Bingham Way & Witherspoon Plaza (near Chow Wagon), Preston & Witherspoon (NE Corner), River Road near Walking Bridge (North side) and Second & Main (foot of 2nd St. Bridge).
• Official Derby Festival Merchandise, including ThunderWear, will be available at the Waterfront Chow Wagon, South Great Lawn, East Great Lawn, 3rd Street and River Road, 4th Street and River Road, Preston and Witherspoon, and in Southern Indiana.
• Merchant Row along Witherspoon at the Great Lawn will feature vendors selling a wide variety of things including sunglasses, hand-drawn caricatures and more!
• La Leche League of Louisville’s Lactation Station will offer a place to nurse, pump, or change a diaper, right next to the Great Lawn, in the Orange Lot.
Thunder Over Louisville Sponsors: Horseshoe Southern Indiana, LG&E, Meijer, and UPS. Thunder Funder Sponsor: Papa John’s. Thunder on the Ground Sponsor: Ford Motor Company. Official Sound Sponsor: Logan Lavelle Hunt. Official Hotel: The Galt House. Command Center Sponsor: Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport.