April 23, 2015. Louisville, KY. – Opening today, Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront and Chow Wagon venues will offer entertainment and activities for patrons of all ages. This ultimate entertainment experience features the Waterfront Jam presented by the John R. Elliott HERO Campaign with national talent, family fun, food vendors, an expanded midway area, Ferris wheel, giant slide and more.
Fest-a-Ville and the Chow Wagon will be open for a nine-day run ending Derby Eve, Friday, May 1. Hours are 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily, except Sunday 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. Admission is a 2015 Pegasus Pin. Kroger is title sponsor of the event, with contributing sponsor Miller Lite.
- U.S. Bank Great Balloon Glimmer on Thursday, April 23.
- NEW this year is the Irish Pub on Wheels offering Reubens and French Dip. There will also be a variety of cookie dough options on the menu including deep fried cookie dough, cookie dough dipped in chocolate, and cookie dough on a stick.
- NEW Ohio Valley Wrestling Run for the Ropes on Friday, April 24.
- FREE concerts on the Great Stage:
- Friday, April 24 – Thompson Square with Special Guest A Thousand Horses;
- Saturday, April 25 – Blues Traveler;
- Sunday, April 26 – Unspoken with Special Guests Jonny Diaz and JJ Weeks Band;
- Tuesday, April 28 – Rose Royce and Midnight Star;
- Wednesday, April 29 – Genevieve with Special Guest The Deloreans;
- Thursday, April 30 –Vancy Joy with Special Guest MisterWives;
- Friday, May 1 – DJ Craze.
- “Happy Hour,” will be weekdays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and feature $2 Beers.
- NEW Wild Turkey #Nevertamed Bourbon Tour – a distillery on wheels – on site all nine days.
- At Pegasus Play-Ville, daily children’s activities include a kids’ inflatable playground with rock-climbing wall, inflatable games and midway rides.
- The Zumba® Fitness Party on Saturday, April 25, an exercise activity choreographed to Latin and international rhythms.
- ACO DerbyHole Classic on Saturday, April 25, at 4 p.m. is an ACO World Championship Qualifier with a $40 per team entry fee and 40 teams maximum
- Helicopter rides will be available from Friday through Friday for $40.
- Military Day: Military personnel with valid I.D. receive free admission to the venue 4-7 p.m. on Friday, May 1.
- PNC Tour de Lou and miniFun Run presented by HumanaVitality and Subway Restaurants on Sunday, April 26.
- Passport Health Plan GospelFest, featuring a gospel choir showcase, is on Sunday, April 26, beginning at 2 p.m.
- HappyTail Hour, a pet-friendly social event – on Monday, April 27, beginning at 5 p.m.
- Battle of the Bounce and BeerFest presented by American Founders Bank on Wednesday, April 29, along with the awards ceremony for the Great Steamboat Race on the Chow Wagon Stage.