TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE FOR TASTING EVENT ON THE BELVEDERE
April 25, 2014. Louisville, Ky. – Wine lovers will have two days worth of sampling opportunities when the Kentucky Proud Kentucky Derby Festival WineFest uncorks on Tuesday, April 29, and Wednesday, April 30, on the Belvedere. The event, which is open from 5-9 p.m. on both days, will feature 19 wineries from Kentucky and Indiana.
“The WineFest is a great showcase for some of our fine Kentucky Proud wines,” Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer said. “Kentucky wines are recognized nationwide for their quality. Come to the WineFest and discover the outstanding wines that are being produced in our region.”
Tickets are $40 and still available. They can be purchased by calling (502) 584-FEST or can be purchased the nights of the event, while they last. Tickets include a souvenir etched wine glass, a WineFest pin and unlimited admission to the wine-tasting sessions.
This year’s event will feature cooking demonstrations courtesy of Kentucky Proud and Kroger. Old 502 Winery, KDF’s Official Wine Partner, will have demonstrations on pairing certain foods with individual wines. Wine 101 educational classes will be offered at various times throughout the event.
A wine-tasting guide, featuring information on the participating wineries and their products, will be distributed to patrons. The guide will include a ballot for attendees to vote on their favorite wine in each of several categories. Bottles of wine will be available for purchase from the wineries.
New for 2014, Tuesday night will feature the WineFest Farm to Table Dinner Presented by Kentucky Proud from 6-8 p.m. Tickets are $85 and include admission to that night’s wine tasting. A set menu featuring a four-course meal with regionally inspired cuisine will be prepared by Harvest Restaurant, contributing sponsor of the new dinner. The meal will be paired with Old 502 wine, and dessert will be provided by Jackknife Café. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Lincoln Foundation.
Kentucky Proud is sponsoring this year’s WineFest. Kentucky Proud is Kentucky’s official state farm marketing program. Thousands of Kentucky farmers, retailers, restaurants, processors, farmers’ markets, schools, Kentucky state parks, and Kentucky Farm Bureau certified roadside markets are members of Kentucky Proud. Today’s Woman and Lite 106.9 WVEZ are contributing sponsors of the event.
· Best Vineyards – Elizabeth, IN
· Broad Run Vineyards – Louisville, KY
· Chrisman Mill – Nicholasville, KY
· Elk Creek Vineyards – Owenton, KY
· Forest Edge Winery – Shepherdsville, KY
· Horseshoe Bend Vineyards – Willisburg, KY
· Indian Creek – Georgetown, IN
· The Little Kentucky River Winery – Bedford, KY
· McIntyre’s Winery – Bardstown, KY
· Millanova Winery – Mt. Washington, KY
· Old 502 Winery – Louisville, KY
· Prodigy Vineyards and Winery – Frankfort, KY
· Purple Toad Winery – Paducah, KY
· Rising Sons Winery – Lawrenceburg, KY
· Rose Hill Farm Winery – Erlanger, KY
· Smith-Berry Vineyard and Winery – New Castle, KY
· StoneBrook Winery- Melbourne, KY
· WhiteMoon Winery, LLC- Lebanon, KY
· Wight-Meyer Vineyards & Winery – Shepherdsville, KY