Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation RoboRumble Minecraft EditionREWATCH THE FINALS!
Check out the winners from this year below!
|WHICH EVENT DOES YOUR MINECRAFT BUILD SHOW?||
LINK TO THE PROJECT
|1st Place Overall Individual||Parker Layne||Pike County||Phelps Elementary School||Elementary||Thunder Over Louisville||https://youtu.be/LRBdey4hVY8|
|1st Place Overall Team||Alexis Chwistek and Angelina Wooldridge||Bullitt County Public Schools||The Discovery School at Hebron Middle||Middle||Pegasus Parade||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvfWo26ldTo|
Middle School Level | Individual Division
|1st Place Middle Individual||Alexander (Lex) Patterson||Bullitt County Public Schools||The Discovery School at Hebron Middle||Middle||Thunder Over Louisville||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY5Jx77hro4|
|2nd Place Middle Individual||Nathan Wallace||JCPS||Summit Academy||Middle||Thunder Over Louisville||https://youtu.be/jfRIYWbcfJg|
|3rd Place Middle Individual||Naomi Mitchell||Bullitt County Public Schools||The Discovery School at Hebron Middle||Middle||Churchill Downs (Run for the Roses)||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVR2EoX_PVU|
Middle School Level | Team Division
|1st Place Middle Team||Lucy Craigo-Snell, Eli Harrell, Teddy Harrell, and Andy Harrell||JCPS (Lucy); Homeschool (Harrell Brothers)||Noe Middle School (Lucy); Homeschool (Harrell Brothers)||Middle||Thunder Over Louisville||https://youtu.be/4F1f1zMzmXQ|
|2nd Place Middle Team||Isaac V. and Caden T.||Bullitt County Public Schools||The Discovery School at Hebron Middle||Middle||Thunder Over Louisville||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_olyvd1kYXA|
|3rd Place Middle Team||Juliette Ruiz and Branson Gittings||Archdiocese of Louisville||Saint Martha School||Middle||Thunder Over Louisville, Great BalloonFest, Created horse run statue and Derby||https://youtu.be/2G8SQLEBcBQ|
Elementary Level | Individual Division
|1st Place Elementary Individual||Anna Mertz||JCPS||Middletown Elementary School||Elementary||Pegasus Parade||https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChczlYd-MRAaE7R0CLu2q-Q|
|2nd Place Elementary Individual||Luke Sikes||JCPS||Jeffersontown Elementary||Elementary||Great BalloonFest||https://youtu.be/046dhPgNus0|
|3rd Place Elementary Individual||Canaan||Franklin County||Bridgeport elementary school||Elementary||Great Steamboat Race||https://youtu.be/e-DNhd3mBqg|
Elementary Level | Team Division
|1st Place Elementary Team||Magnus & Atticus Mayhue||JCPS||Mayhue Academy (Homeschool)||Elementary||Rose Fest||https://youtu.be/WW5gIfC6XGE|
|2nd Place Elementary Team||Heidi Adams, Averie Williams, Elizabeth Omabti, Flora Berfield, Willa Frankenberger, Luci McCallon||JCPS||Hawthorne, Eisenhower, Wilkerson, Norton Commons,||Elementary||KY Derby Park||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ39aC160sQ|
|3rd Place Elementary Team||Nolan E., Landon F., Easton P.||Fayette||Wellington Elementary||Elementary||Thunder Over Louisville||https://youtu.be/BqD49x4Mv-E|
2021 COMPETITION CRITERIA
- Students will be creating a Minecraft build and showcasing it through a screen captured 3-minute video.
- The final build should show a new or existing Kentucky Derby Festival event.
- It should be as detailed as possible with community impacts and connections. This is YOUR festival!
- A team can be one or more students with no more than 10 students per team.
- This project can be configured to any scale that the participants deem manageable.
- Please refer to the scoring rubric on slide 6 of this document for specific scoring categories and the Finished Product section for a description of what should be included in your completed project.
- The video should capture the student(s) providing a step-by-step walkthrough of important features of the Minecraft build that is recorded live from the device screen using the software of the team’s choosing.
- Narration can occur as a voice-over in synch with the video, utilize well-timed on-screen titles to describe features, or a combination of both.
COMPETITION RUBRIC HERE.
All content in the build should be original work created by the student(s). Students may use MinecraftEDU or the regular PC/Mac version of Minecraft, or the iOS (iPad) version, as long as a screen recording can be captured.
Use only the default texture pack. Mods are not allowed.