If you are selected as a member of the Derby Festival Royal Court, you will be a representative of the Derby Festival and your community. Along with all the fun you’ll have during Derby Festival season, we also ask that you keep in mind the expectations below.
A DERBY FESTIVAL PRINCESS WILL:
- Represent the Kentucky Derby Festival by actively supporting its mission, values and goals.
- Act as an ambassador for the Derby Festival in all live appearances, media interviews, on personal and public social channels, and at events.
- Engage in Derby Festival outreach activities, including in-person events, appearances, community outings, and virtual programing during the 2023 Festival season.
- Have fun and make new friends through the opportunities for personal development, community involvement and connecting with business and community leaders
- Conduct themselves in a respectful way, by maintaining a positive attitude, following basic etiquette, and refraining from inappropriate behavior during their time on the Royal Court
- Attend Derby Festival and related events as featured guests, including regional and nationally recognized opportunities like the Pegasus Parade, Thunder Over Louisville, KDF Day at the Downs, and more for personal and professional development experiences
- Opportunity to serve as an ambassador for the Kentucky Derby Festival, City of Louisville and Commonwealth of Kentucky
- $2,000 scholarship from The Fillies, Inc., and Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation to assist with educational expenses
- Media-relations building opportunities and a chance to create lifelong connections with business and community leaders
- An event & appearance wardrobe, procured by The Fillies, Inc. and Derby Festival, is provided by generous sponsors and supporters.