Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation Board of Directors Nomination
Directors are eligible to nominate more than one person to join the Board of Directors.
Please complete this online nomination form and upload a recent bio of each person being nominated.
All nominations are due by 5:00 P.M., Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
If elected to the Kentucky Derby Festival Board of Directors, the nominee must pay an annual $1,000 Director’s Fee by November 1. This fee may be paid in four (4) equal installments due Aug. 1, Sept. 1, Oct. 1, and Nov. 1.
Director benefits include:
- Annual Board Workshop (held in late summer)
- Membership in the Kentucky Derby Festival Foundation’s Thorobred Membership Program
- 50 Pegasus Pins annually (director may recoup a portion of the fee by selling these pins)
- Director’s Pin
- Two tickets to the Board holiday party
- Advance purchase opportunity for tickets to Festival events
- Discounts on Festival merchandise
New Directors are also obligated to purchase an official Festival uniform (approximately $400).
Kentucky Derby Festival nomination procedures require all nominees to receive notice of the requirements (see below) for election to the Board of Directors.
Board meetings occur 5-6 times annually and never more than once per month. The Bylaws provide that Directors may not miss consecutive meetings without cause. Additionally, Directors are expected to make contributions of “time, talent, and/or treasure” toward the accomplishment of the Festival’s mission which include participation on committees as assigned.