April 15, 2022. Louisville, KY. Thunder Over Louisville, The Legend Returns on Saturday, April 23rd with a salute to the 75th Anniversary of the United States Air Force. One of the nation’s top air shows, the event will have a packed show showcasing both military and civilian aircraft.
Scheduled performances include the U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor Demo, U.S. Air Force C-17 Demo, U.S. Air Force Heritage Flight, the Kentucky Air National Guard 123rd Airlift Wing with the new C-130J, and the Commemorative Air Force’s B-29, B-24, and B-25, as well as the U.S. Navy E/A-18 Growler Demo with a Legacy Flight, Younkin Airshows, and many more.
Here’s the full lineup* as of April 15, 2022 (in alphabetical order):
• 123rd Special Tactics Squadron Parachute Team (Louisville ANG Base, KY)
• A-1 Skyraider (Warbird Heritage Foundation, Waukegan, IL)
• A-10C Thunderbolt II “Warthog” (107th FS, Selfridge ANG, MI)
• AC-130J Gunship (1st Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, FL)
• Acemaker Airshows (T-33 Demo)
• B-2 Spirit (13th Bomb Squadron, Whiteman, MO)
• B-24 Liberator (“Diamond Lil,” Commemorative Air Force, Ft. Worth, TX)
• B-25 Mitchell (“Show Me,” Commemorative Air Force, Missouri Wing)
• B-29 Superfortress (“FiFi,” Commemorative Air Force, Ft. Worth TX)
• B-52 Stratofortress (93rd Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, LA)
• World War Two Victory Formation (B-25, B-24, B-29 and P-51D)
• Boeing 767, UPS Airlines (Louisville IAP, KY)
• C-130J Super Hercules (Kentucky Air National Guard, Louisville ANG Base KY)
• C-17 Globemaster III (437th Airlift Wing, Charleston AFB, SC)
• Carbon Cub Float Plane (Bowman Field, Louisville, KY)
• CH-53 Sea Stallion (Helicopter Mine Countermeasures Squadron 14, Norfolk, NAS)
• Coleman Aerobatics (Taylorcraft, Bowman Field, Louisville, KY)
• CV-22 Osprey (Marine Tilt Rotor Squadron 204, New River, NC)
• F-15E Strike Eagle (4th Fighter Squadron, Seymour-Johnson AFB, NC)
• F-16 Viper (112th Fighter Squadron, Toledo OH)
• F-16 Viper (176th Fighter Squadron, Madison, WI)
• F-86 Sabre Demo (Warbird Heritage Foundation, Waukegan, IL)
• F-100 Super Sabre Demo (Ft. Wayne, IN)
• Growler Demonstration Team, E/F-18G Growler (Electronic Attack Squadron 129, Whidbey Island
• US Navy Legacy Flight (E/A-18G/F4U Corsair)
• KC-46 Pegasus (305th Air Mobility Wing, McGuire AFB, NJ)
• KC-135 Stratotanker (72nd Aerial Refueling Squadron, Grissom Air Reserve Base, IN)
• P-51D Aerobatics (“Swamp Fox,” Concorde, NC)
• Raptor Demonstration Team, F-22 Raptor (1st Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, VA)
• USAF Heritage Flight (F-22/P-51D Formation)
• T-38 Talon (9th Reconnaissance Squadron, Beale AFB, CA)
• UH-60 Blackhawk (8th Battalion, 229th Aviation Regiment, Ft. Knox KY)
• Younkin Airshows (Twin Beech Aerobatics Demo)
*PLEASE NOTE: Aircraft subject to change on show day.
Thunder Over Louisville – the Derby Festival’s Opening Ceremonies – is one of the more than 70 events produced by the Derby Festival in the spring. It provides an estimated impact of $56 million to the area’s economy. The 2022 Thunder Over Louisville – themed “The Legend Returns” – is set for Saturday, April 23. It will be the 33rd production.
2022 Thunder Over Louisville Show Sponsors: Caesars Southern Indiana, Humana, LG&E, Meijer, and UPS. Thunder on the Ground Sponsor: Ford Motor Company. Official Sound Sponsor: Shepherd Insurance. Official Hotel: The Galt House Hotel. Command Center Sponsor: Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport. Official Boat and RV Sponsor: My Financing USA.