EVENT OFFERS VACCINES, SCREENINGS & FAMILY FUN
October 12, 2021. Louisville, KY. – The Kentucky Derby Festival and WellCare of Kentucky have teamed up to help the community put health first. The Derby Festival’s Health Fair Presented By WellCare Health Plans® is set for this Thursday, October 14, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. After a virtual take in 2020, the event will be in person and is being held at the Americana World Community Center at 4801 Southside Drive, Louisville, KY 40214. All Health Fair screenings, activities, and parking are free.
“Now more than ever it’s important to take care of your health,” said Matt Gibson, Kentucky Derby Festival President and CEO. “Thanks to WellCare of Kentucky, you can receive health screenings and tips for the whole family in a fun and convenient atmosphere. Plus, it’s free for everyone.”
The 14th annual Health Fair features something for the whole family – and it’s FREE! With the help of local several local partners, here is what the Health Fair will be offering:
- The Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness will be providing Covid-19 vaccinations for all eligible attendees.
- Baptist Health will be providing multiple onsite health screenings.
- Mental health experts with Martin & Muir Counseling will be on site to provide resources and assist in scheduling, whether it’s your first or a follow up visit.
- Nutrition resources, meal planning and budgeting with Good Measures will be available.
- Attendees can explore job opportunities on site with Amazon.
- Plus, informational sessions and more with Kentuckiana Regional Planning and Development Agency (KIPDA), Seven Counties Services, Brain Freeze: Cones for a Cause, Heuser Hearing Institute, JenCare Senior Medical Center, Necco, and the Louisville Water Company.
“Nothing is more important to your long-term health than ongoing preventative care that includes routine health screenings,” said Josh Sloop, Plan President and CEO, WellCare of Kentucky. “Sponsoring this event is one of many ways that WellCare demonstrates our ongoing efforts to positively impact the health and wellbeing of our community.”
Family activities include arm painting for kids (healthy face painting practices); pop-up library, story time and free books with the Louisville Free Public Library; crafts with the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana; family activities with the Boy Scouts of America, Lincoln Heritage Council; and more.
WellCare of Kentucky returns in 2021 as Presenting Sponsor of the Kentucky Derby Festival’s annual Health Fair, joined by Official Media Provider Baptist Health and Contributing Sponsor Amazon.
All Derby Festival events and programs adhere to local, state, and federal COVID-19 guidelines. While guidance continues to evolve attendees should be prepared to wear a mask and follow other safety protocol while at the Health Fair. For more information on the event, visit KDF.org.
About Kentucky Derby Festival
The Derby Festival is an independent community organization supported by 4,000 volunteers, 400 businesses and civic groups, Pegasus Pin sponsorships and event participation. It entertains more than 1.5 million people annually. This involvement has made the Festival the largest single attended event in Kentucky and one of the leading community celebrations in the world.
About WellCare of Kentucky
WellCare of Kentucky provides government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans across the state. WellCare is a wholly subsidiary of Centene Corporation, a leading multi-national healthcare enterprise committed to helping people live healthier lives. For more information, please visit wellcare.com/kentucky.