April 24, 2014. Louisville, KY. – Opening today, Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront and Chow Wagon venues will offer entertainment and activities for patrons of all ages. Fest-a-Ville and the Chow Wagon will be open for a nine-day run ending Derby Eve, Friday, May 2.
Fest-a-Ville hours are 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily, and Chow Wagon hours are 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily and Sunday 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. Admission is a 2014 Pegasus Pin. Fest-a-Ville is sponsored by Kroger, along with contributing sponsor Miller Lite.
Fest-a-Ville and Chow Wagon attractions include:
- U.S. Bank Great Balloon Glimmer on Thursday, April 24.
- New items on the menu: Shrimp & grits, chicken & grits, southern style gumbo, white chili chicken and gourmet pork rinds, homemade cookies and ice cream sandwiches, carne asada tacos, fish tacos, hot brown sliders with onion rings, fried green tomatoes, fried plantains, stuffed hash browns and much more.
- FREE concerts on the Great Stage: Friday, April 25 – Electronic Dance Music with DJ Z-Trip; Saturday, April 26 – Everclear; Sunday, April 27 – Audio Adrenaline with Kutless, Finding Favour, Shine Bright Baby and Carrolton; Tuesday, April 29 – Ohio Players and Original Lakeside; Wednesday, April 30 – Sam Roberts Band with LEAGUES;
- Ticketed shows on the Great Stage: Waterfront Jam Presented by Laura’s Lean Beef featuring The Fray with The Mowgli’s on Thursday, May 1 and Scotty McCreery with special guest Cassadee Pope, and Steve Holy on Friday, May 2. Tickets are $32.50. They can be purchased online at www.kdf.org or by calling the Derby Festival Concert Hotline 1-866-636-0068.
- “Happy Hour,” will be weekdays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and feature $2 Beers.
- The Chow Wagon will feature the Beer Garden and Miller Lite Music Stage.
- At Pegasus Play-a-ville, daily children’s activities include a kids’ playground with rock-climbing wall, inflatable games and midway rides.
- The Zumba® Fitness Party on Friday, April 25, an exercise activity choreographed to Latin and international rhythms.
- ACO DerbyHole Classic on Friday, April 25, at 4 p.m. is an ACO World Championship Qualifier with a $35 per team entry fee and 40 teams maximum
- Helicopter rides will be available from Friday through Friday for $40.
- Military personnel with valid I.D. receive free admission to the venue 4-7 p.m. on Saturday, April 26.
- miniFun Run presented by HumanaVitality and Subway Restaurants on Sunday, April 27.
- GospelFest, featuring a gospel choir showcase, is on Sunday, April 27, beginning at 2 p.m.
- HappyTail Hour, a pet-friendly social event – on Monday, April 28, beginning at 5 p.m.
- Battle of the Bounce and BeerFest presented by American Founders Bank on Wednesday, April 30, along with the awards ceremony for the Great Steamboat Race on the Chow Wagon Stage.
Since 1956, the Derby Festival has worked to bring the community together in celebration. The Festival is an independent community organization supported by 4,000 volunteers, 400 businesses and civic groups, Pegasus Pin sponsorships and event participation. This involvement has made the Festival the largest single attended event in Kentucky and one of the leading community celebrations in the world.