April 25, 2017 Louisville, KY. – The Kentucky Derby Festival’s ultimate entertainment venue – Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront – opens this Thursday, April 27. Thanks to Churchill Downs, Inc., there will be free admission on opening day. So, for that day only, patrons will not need a Pegasus Pin to enter Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville. The venue boasts a full schedule of events again this year which span nine days, including the Waterfront Jam with over 30 local and regional bands and 7 national concerts on two stages; 100 different food and drink vendors; and five full service bars.
“We are proud to support the Kentucky Derby Festival’s Kroger’s Fest-A-Ville on the Waterfront and thrilled to be a part of bringing the entire community together to help kick off another great Kentucky Derby week in Louisville,” said Lauren DePaso, Director of Community Relations for Churchill Downs, Incorporated.
There will be several new events at Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville this year, including the V Foundation Celebrity Bocce Tournament where you can play bocce with local celebrities for a great cause, registration is required; High Heel Race Presented by Voices of Kentuckiana; LXC Chow Wagon Kickball Showdown; and Military Day on Friday, May 5, when all Military Personnel will get free admission with their military ID.
“Built on the tradition of the Chow Wagon, Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville has really become a main attraction for the Derby Festival,” said Mike Berry, KDF President & CEO. “Not only is there something for everyone at a single venue, but there is something different every day.”
From classic favorites to new fare, Fest-a-Ville wouldn’t be complete without the food vendors! On the menu this year are Menu Wood Fired Pizza, the 2017 Derby Burger, Gyros, Frappuccino, Donuts with exotic toppings, German Doner Kabob, Brisket, Roasted Sweet Corn, and traditional favorites like Elephant Ears, Funnel Cakes and Corn Dogs.
Happy Hour with $2 beers returns weekdays from 4-6 p.m. Throughout the venue, guests will also have a variety of drink options to choose from at one of five full service bars.
Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville Bars include:
- Drake’s By the River: A full- service bar with specialty Thunder Punch drink. Located by the Miller Lite Music Stage.
- Old 502 Wine & Spirits: Full-service bar serving Old 502 Wines like Bourbon Barrel Red and Kentucky Lady. Located inside Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville.
- Chow Wagon Beer Garden: One of the go-to spots for Happy Hour. Grab a $2 beer every weekday from 4-6 p.m.
- Blue Chair Rum Bar: Located inside The Grove, a full-service bar featuring Blue Chair Bay Rum Specialty Drinks. Sip and socialize with hammocks, cornhole and relaxed seating.
- Tito’s Tavern: Full Service Bar featuring Tito’s Handmade Vodka, serving up specialty drink, “Tito’s Filly.” The hangout for all the Great Stage shows!
Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville opens Thursday, April 27, for a nine-day run ending Derby Eve, Friday, May 5. Hours are 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily, except Sunday 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. Admission is a 2017 Pegasus Pin. Kroger is Title Sponsor of the event, with Contributing Sponsor Miller Lite and Media Sponsor The Courier-Journal.