FORD’S THUNDER ON THE GROUND
Day-long show features more than air show and fireworks
April 8, 2014. Louisville, KY. – You can do a lot more at Thunder Over Louisville this year than simply look to the sky. Ford’s Thunder on the Ground activities will offer numerous ways to entertain friends and family members as well. From the Thunder FoodFest to the Interactive Display Area to the Kid’s Play Areas on the Great Lawn, there’s refreshments and entertainment galore to be found all over the venue. Some attractions require a 2014 Pegasus Pin admission, but some activities are completely free. Most are open from 11:00 a.m. until the fireworks show at 9:30 p.m. Presenting sponsors of the 2014 show are Horseshoe Southern Indiana, KentuckyOne Health, LG&E, Meijer, UPS, and Valero.
Some of the Ford Thunder on the Ground activities include:
- Thunder on the North Great Lawn – 2014 Pegasus Pin admission. Opens at 9 a.m., featuring food, Beer Garden and Thunder Sound. (The rest of Waterfront Park, excepting the North Great Lawn, will also open at 9 a.m. on Thunder Day) (NO TENTS, STAKES, TAPE OR PETS.)
- Meijer Family Fun Zone on the West Belvedere – 2014 Pegasus Pin admission. Opens at 11 a.m., featuring kids activities, food, Beer Garden and Thunder Sound. (NO TENTS, STAKES, TAPE OR PETS.)
- Thunder at the Chow Wagon – 2014 Pegasus Pin admission. Opens at 11 a.m., featuring food, a Beer Garden and Thunder Sound. (NO FOOD, DRINK, TENTS, STAKES, TAPE OR PETS.)
- Olivia Henken performs at 7 p.m. on the Miller Lite Music Stage inside the Thunder Chow Wagon.
- The Interactive Display Area opens at 11 a.m. Attractions include: Ford Xperience Tour featuring the latest Ford vehicles and technology; Meijer Mobile Virtual Playground; Great Clips Racing 2014 Show Car; Madison Regatta Display; U.S. Army Display, U.S. Marines, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, Kentucky National Guard and much more!
- Kid’s Play Areas: The interactive attractions on the South Great Lawn include Merry Go Round, Moon Bounce Obstacle Course, Rock Wall, Super Slide, Ali-Baba Magic Carpet and more.
- The Thunder FoodFest will offer a wide variety of tasty treats from more than 100 food vendors from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. at the Chow Wagon, Great Lawn, West Belvedere, and along Witherspoon Street and East River Road.
- Beer Gardens, with Pegasus Pin admission, will be open at the Chow Wagon, Meijer Family Fun Zone on the West Belvedere and North Great Lawn.
- Pegasus Pin trading fans can add to their collections by visiting the following locations on Thunder Day from noon to 7 p.m.: 4th and River Road, Bingham Way and Festival Plaza (near Chow Wagon entrance), Preston and Witherspoon (NE Corner) and Second and Main (NW side of Main).
- Official Derby Festival Merchandise, including ThunderWear, will be available at the Waterfront Chow Wagon, South Great Lawn, East Great Lawn, Belvedere, 2nd Street and River Road, 3rd Street and River Road, 4th Street and River Road, Preston and Witherspoon, Bingham and Witherspoon Street, River Road and Bingham Way and in Southern Indiana.
- Merchant Row along Witherspoon will feature vendors selling everything from sunglasses to jewelry and hand-drawn caricatures.